LISMORE ROAD RESIDENCE TORONTO 2002
ARCHITECT : Shim Sutcliffe Architects Inc.
CONSTRUCTION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT : Vic Furgiuele, for Eisner Murray Developments Inc.
AREA : 5,000 sf
PHOTOGRAPHY : James Dow
- complete interior renovation and addition that provides an architectural link between an existing residence and its coach house
- rich material palette is a binding element combining the old and new
- dry laid limestone wall that seemlessly runs the length of the site mitigates between the neighbours property, the house, its coach house and the outdoor space
- a small courtyard is framed by the addition and the coach house and uses the limestone backing to emphasize its sculpture
- a linear window bench and wooden columns provide an intimate zone for viewing the adjacent garden courtyards